Camping and Caravanning in a Peaceful Location
A naturally landscaped parcel of land surrounded by undisturbed trees and fields.
This area of our site offers our guests a sheltered fishing lake, fisherman's lodge, W.C. camping area and hardstanding pitch for campervans.
Guests should be aware that our hardstanding pitch is gravel so strong steel pegs for are required for any awnings.
(Please note: Fishing tickets are not included in price for overnight stays.)
|Camping & Touring Caravans
|| Price per day
|Touring/Campervans Hardstanding Pitch
Explore the countrysidePitch your tent in seclusion.
We welcome tents, touring caravans, camper vans, and motor homes and are able to provide you with a generous personal space in our beautiful site. Facility's at the lake have purposely been kept basic as to protect the delicate ecological balance of the secluded area. Your stay with us will be rewarded with peace, tranquillity and breathtaking views, all with an abundance of Lake District wildlife.
A Perfect Location For touring caravans and tents
We provide a natural setting to encourage birds and wildlife and maintain the farm in keeping with our surroundings. Consequently you will see many species of birds as well as rabbits, if you are very lucky you may also get to see deer, foxes and badgers. Our farm changes greatly throughout the year so make the most of us being open all year, so why not come and visit us for Christmas and New Year.
With the Lake District National Park on our doorstep you can have many invigorating walks on the adjoining mountains and moors.
If you want to do something else then golf, fishing, fine dining and horse riding are all to be found nearby.
If you are interested in booking one of our unique caravan pitches in secluded private surroundings then please go to our Contact page.
Local Places of Interest
Windermere Lake Cruises
Windermere Lake Cruises The most popular attraction in Cumbria. Windermere is England’s largest lake, in the heart of the Lake District. You can even spend all day on and around the lake with a Freedom of the Lake ticket.
Lakeland Motor Museum
Lakeland Motor Museum In addition to tracing over 100 years of motoring heritage with ample tangible evidence, the museum pays tribute to father and son, Sir Malcolm and Donald Campbell who between them captured 21 world land and water speed records in the Bluebird series of cars and boats.
Explore the ancient ruins of Kendal Castle.
The Castle was built in the early 1200’s as the home of the barons of Kendal. The Parr family is the best known of the baronial families, the most famous member being Katherine Parr, the sixth and last Queen of Henry VIII.
Overnight Guest Notices
- Please give consideration to anglers and wildlife. No radios or loud music.
- Security cameras with 360 degree coverage are on site to offer you peace of mind and help protect your equipment.
- There is a 5 mph speed limit on site. Please drive slowly at all times.
- Electrical hook-ups available
- Arrival Time - From 12:30 p.m.
- Vacation Time - 11:30 a.m.
- Horses are permitted by prior arrangement.
- Stables available on request
- No dogs, campfires, alcohol or swimming.
- Please do not leave litter
- All personal possessions, including but not limited to tents, caravans, vehicles & valuables are brought to and left on the site at the owners' own risk.
- Anti social behaviour will not be tolerated.
- We will not act in ‘Loco Parentis’- It is the responsibility of the parent or guardian to supervise anyone under the age of 16.
- We do not accept liability for injury howsoever caused as a result of the use of high thorn farm.