The Duck Hut is positioned on the edge of our beautiful fishing lake. A bit like indoor camping, The Duck Hut is a rustic cabin with a few added comforts you don't get in a tent! Simple and basic facilities, quiet and peaceful, you can take in the beautiful scenery and watch the wildlife go by, whatever the weather. A perfect place to get away from it all, whether to enjoy some fishing or just relax on the banks and take it all in.
- Living Area - Step indoors to a comfortable open plan sitting/dining kitchen area. A wall to wall view of the lake provides a picturesque setting while you relax by the wood stove. There is a kitchenette equipped with the basics for food preparation and dining. There is a combination microwave (with convection oven setting), an undercounter fridge with freezer compartment, electric kettle, plates, bowls, cups, cutlery and tumblers. There is no hob. An oak table and six chairs to dine comfortably.
Please note - The woodburning stove is the only source of heating in the cabin (other than the radiator in the bathroom) Firewood is not provided. You are welcome to bring your own, purchase it from us or from local providers.
- Cloakroom - Across the hall from the second bedroom is a bathroom with toilet, sink and push button shower. The bathroom is heated by an electric radiator. In the hall is a full length mirror and hooks to hang jackets.
- Bedroom One - The larger with a kingsize bunkbed, of very substantial construction. Matresses are covered with protectors. Please bring your own sleeping bags or bed linens and towels as none are provided. Linens can be hired for an additional fee by prior arrangement. Both bedrooms have floor to ceiling glass doors to enjoy the view of the lake in this peaceful rustic cabin. Blinds are installed throughout the cabin for privacy.
- Bedroom Two - A ¾ size bunkbed, strong and sturdy. Matresses are covered with protectors. Please bring your own sleeping bags or bed linens and towels as none are provided. Linens can be hired for an additional fee by prior arrangement. Both bedrooms have floor to ceiling glass doors to enjoy the view of the lake in this peaceful rustic cabin. Blinds are installed throughout the cabin for privacy.
- Outside - There is ample parking and space for you to enjoy. We have provided a picnic table and additional chairs for outdoor dining. You are welcome to bring portable or disposable barbecues or chimineas. Sorry no open/campfires are allowed. You are welcome to enjoy the entire lake, we just ask you to be respectful of other visitors and fisherman enjoying the lake. The fishing peg directly in front of The Duck Hut is reserved for your use. Please note fishing is £5 per day per person.
- King Double Bunkbed
- 3/4 Double Bunkbed
This naturally landscaped parcel of land is surrounded by undisturbed trees and fields. Vehicle access right around the lake allows you to choose where you would like to pitch up, every aspect affording beautiful uninterrupted lake views. The site offers our sheltered fishing lake, The Duck Hut camping lodge, W.C with outside cold tap and plenty of hardstanding pitches.
Please be aware our pitches are gravel and earth in keeping with the natural surroundings, so strong steel pegs for awnings/tents are advisable.
(Please note: Fishing tickets are not included in price for overnight stays.)
The prices listed above are our nightly rates.
We do offer short breaks, please contact us for prices and availability.
We also offer late booking discounts.
Keep an eye on our Facebook page for our latest offers